Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Long Road Back, Sunday, "Bloody Sunday" 06/14/2015


"Sunday, Bloody Sunday"  


          Hello, my name is Christopher Ackerman. I was paralyzed in November of 2013 from the T9 section of the spine. I have had a very, vary hard time with pain from my injury, ever since. This is an "incomplete", paralysis, so I am told, because I feel pain. I wish everyday, that I could have been lucky enough, for it to have been a complete paralysis. It is a burning fire, all the way to the bone, it feels, and also, as if my skin is also on fire. When it is bad, just touching or rubbing my finger on my stomach, causes the top of my thighs, to sear.
         I have since had a neurostimulator implanted in my back, which has wires that go to my spine, which carry a signal, that attempts to "trick" your legs, thighs, butt, and feet, into thinking that they are not hurting, by sending a false signal I guess, back to the brain. The resultant, is a semi-charged, humming, sometimes still, searing, hopefully to a lesser degree, to the troubled area. This at times has worked pretty well, providing relief not felt in 2 years. This I say, because the pain, was as bad or worse, in the months leading up to the
day of my paralysis. But still, everyday, the pain is still there, and sometimes, neither the medication, nor the stimulator do a thing to even touch it. So yes, the pain is so bad as to have me in tears, and holding onto my bed for dear life.
My story, I guess I will tell in segmenRets, a page or two at a time, so more later...


06/14/2015 (Evening)          So I am back here on Sunday night. Just diddling with my Blog a bit. The Handicap symbol, I have been playing with for a few moments, and sort of dig the way it is stretched the lengthe page, and compressed, almost like its occupant has his mind set, at 5to try standing up :) I am sort of killing time, waiting for the pivotal Game 5, of the NBA Finals. What a battle this is shaping up to be, Enough so that my Blog on Paraplegia, is turning into an ESPN analysis. Metallica is doing the Star Spangled Banner, so I will stay true to the Blog, and sign-off here..



          




Well, the home team warriors took a 3-2. Anyhow, tomorrow is Monday, and hoping to find out when I finally move out of this S.N.F. I have been here since, Nov.11th, 2014, and although grateful to have gotten my surgery, and saved from my self-proclaimed dungeon. I'll touch on that later. For now I want to focus on the immediate future, I have been offered a power chair minus the batteries, from the girl who had my quickie mage over a year ago, Erica, from, "Sunrise Medical". Again, it being Monday tomorrow, I will be scooting on the edge of my bed, LoL, all day...

And the verdict is:











No comments:

Post a Comment