Saturday, June 20, 2015



Christopher's PowerChair Campaign




Hello, my name is Christopher This campaign is for a special wheelchair I require, in order to not be bedridden, that insurance does not cover. It is an: 
Invacare TDX SP with Power Tilt, Recline, & Leg Lift
Invacare Used Electric Wheelchairs TDX-SP (wheelchair #563)

I have been living as a paraplegic since November 25th, 2013. The extent of my injury has left me bed-ridden for the last 19 months. Since I can only sit up in a regular wheelchair, for no more than 10 minutes, I require a specially made chair, that allows me to "Tilt my legs, and Recline my back"
     In addition, there was quite a bit of nerve damage that was done, to the T-9 (thorasic) region of the spine. This has caused intense Neuropathic pain, muscle atrophy and extensor tone, preventing me from bending my legs.  Almost like being petrified, as an analogy. This has prevented me from having the ability to sit at a 90 degree angle in my current wheelchair. Between the combination of all of these factors, I have been bed-ridden for 19 months.
     What I require in order to operate independently is a specialty power chair. I am working with a company called WheelChairs USA to provide me with the exact model I need. The
Invacare TDX SP with Power Tilt, Recline, & Leg Lift
Invacare Used Electric Wheelchairs TDX-SP
(wheelchair #563) That is listed above. Lisa Rauv, from WheelChairs U.S.A. can be contacted directly at (540)721-3327 regarding this matter.

There is a short video posted below. I am hoping it helps to explain the things that get me through each day. The intended goal here is to get out of this bedroom, and begin my new life in the world outside. I have a lot to still learn, but every day I fail to take the first step, "if you will", outside my doors, I am only falling further and further behind. I think I have a lot to offer the world...Out there...
Thank you so much for any consideration in helping me in this matter...And feel free to contact me  Christopher Ackerman (619)764-8237            christophera.ackerman@yahoo.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment